At Family Health Center of Worcester, your privacy is a priority. We follow strict federal and state guidelines to protect and maintain the privacy of your medical (protected health) information and information that identifies you. This protected medical information may be information about your past, present, or future medical condition, healthcare we provide to you, or payment for healthcare provided to you. We also follow state guidelines regarding how long we must store your medical records and the requirements for proper disposal.
This Notice of Privacy Practices explains our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information. We are legally required to provide this information to you and to follow the terms of this Notice. In other words, we are only allowed to use and disclose medical information in the manner that we have described in this Notice.
We may change the terms of this Notice in the future. We reserve the right to make changes and to make the new Notice effective for all medical information that we maintain. If we make changes to the Notice, we will:
- Post the new Notice in our waiting area.
- Have copies of the new Notice available upon request. Please contact our Privacy Officer at 508-860-7922 to obtain a copy of our current Notice).
The rest of this Notice will:
- Discuss how we may use and disclose medical information about you.
- Explain your rights with respect to medical information about you.
- Describe how and where you may file a privacy-related complaint.
If, at any time, you have questions about information in this Notice or about our privacy policies, procedures or practices, you can contact our Privacy Officer at 508-860-7922