The COVID-19 pandemic led to a public health emergency declaration by the federal government in March 2020. To protect members from losing their MassHealth coverage during this crisis, Massachusetts followed the federal continuous coverage requirements. However, the federal government has decided to stop these requirements. As a result, Massachusetts will resume the normal annual eligibility renewal processes.
Starting from April 1, 2023, all current MassHealth members will have to renew their health coverage to confirm they still qualify for their current benefit. These renewals will happen over 12 months.
You can take 4 important steps to keep yourself and your family covered:
- Update your contact information. Provide the latest address, phone number, and email.
- Report any household changes. These include a new job, address, changes to your income, disability status, or pregnancy. By providing this information for all members of your household, we ensure you get the best benefit you qualify for.
- Read all mail from Family Health Center, Your Insurer, and MassHealth. We may mail you information about your health information that may require you to take action to keep your current coverage.
- Connect with our Health Benefits Advisors. For support in navigating the redetermination process, visit us at 26 Queen Street, Worcester 01610. By connecting with our team of multilingual Health Benefits Advisors, we ensure you are empowered with all the information you need and help in the enrollment process.
Need additional resources?
Check out these informational guides from our partners at MassHealth:
- English Flyers
- Arabic Flyers
- Cape Verdean Creole Flyers
- Chinese Simplified Flyers
- Haitian Creole Flyers
- Khmer Flyers
- Brazilian Portuguese Flyers
- Spanish Flyers
- Vietnamese Flyers